I needed a fuel pump for my 2005 Altima. I searched the internet and Parts Geek offered best deal. I assumed the warranty included replacing defective parts. When I received the pump it was very poorly packed in a large box. The manufacturer's box (Bosche) was placed on the bottom corner of the large box. Scrap crumbled butcher paper was just piled on to top of the box. When I removed the Bosche box, it too, was very poorly packed inside with the same crumbled butcher paper. The Pump was in an inflated plastic bag. I could see before opening the bag that a small piece of yellow plastic was loose in the box. The Float and arm assembly was also loose in the bag. Once I removed the pump from the bag it was clear that the (yellow) part that held the float arm in place was broken. The loose yellow part matched the missing hole where it should have been. This would not have happened if the part had been properly packed.
I filled out a ticket, but could not find a place to describe my desire for a replacement of the broken part that was sent to me.
Instead I found that the only option I had was to pay to ship the Pump back, bay a 15% restock fee, and then after maybe 30 days I could buy another Pump. There was no guarantee that the next part would not have the same problem. This is ridiculous. I will share this experience with all I know, especially mechanics, in any forum I can find.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Fuel Pump
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I originally bought a 4L60e HD package [$1400 + $200 (tc) + $150 (fluid)]. I told them exactly what I had: lifted 4x4 Yukon with headers, intake, cam, & tune...."
- "I bought a brand new 1025r tlb in may 2016 took home found loose nuts and bolts loose on machine had 2 hrs on it had to have mower..."
- "My husband has had this HORRIBLE device for 8 months now in his truck. It has caused problems almost the whole time it's been installed.He has a 2013 Ram Quad..."
- "I took two hours to calm down before making this complaint so that it would be legitimate and not out of anger but rather concern. I'm a busy person so..."
- "Bosch Washing Machine under Sears Maintenance Agreement - washer is likely 10 years old, the main bearing went out just after Thanksgiving (November) 2016 - unable to use washer until..."
- "I Googled i need to change my address at the post office so then i clicked on official usps change of address form, i read through everything to make sure..."
- "Robin Rogers (Jennifer) of 220 hickory street brooksville Florida breeds german shepherds under the kennel named "Vom Pfister Haus" kennels. I found her add on pet finder for a male,..."
- "Ordered a medium pizza and a "hot deal" consisting of cheesy breadsticks and a large pepperoni pizza. I had purposely ordered over $25 worth of food so I could..."