I needed a fuel pump for my 2005 Altima. I searched the internet and Parts Geek offered best deal. I assumed the warranty included replacing defective parts. When I received the pump it was very poorly packed in a large box. The manufacturer's box (Bosche) was placed on the bottom corner of the large box. Scrap crumbled butcher paper was just piled on to top of the box. When I removed the Bosche box, it too, was very poorly packed inside with the same crumbled butcher paper. The Pump was in an inflated plastic bag. I could see before opening the bag that a small piece of yellow plastic was loose in the box. The Float and arm assembly was also loose in the bag. Once I removed the pump from the bag it was clear that the (yellow) part that held the float arm in place was broken. The loose yellow part matched the missing hole where it should have been. This would not have happened if the part had been properly packed.
I filled out a ticket, but could not find a place to describe my desire for a replacement of the broken part that was sent to me.
Instead I found that the only option I had was to pay to ship the Pump back, bay a 15% restock fee, and then after maybe 30 days I could buy another Pump. There was no guarantee that the next part would not have the same problem. This is ridiculous. I will share this experience with all I know, especially mechanics, in any forum I can find.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Fuel Pump
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "They store had a big sign in their window stating Military Discount. I went to buy some antifreeze from a shelf containing many varieties. I choose the one I wanted..."
- "Well guys and girls got my 2800-3200 stall from monster today was happy to drop it off at transmission shop to have put it .well about to hours later he..."
- "This whole expensive disaster started in February of 2014. I had used Michigan Motorz a few times before and thought they were a good solid company that stood behind the..."
- "Ordered a medium pizza and a "hot deal" consisting of cheesy breadsticks and a large pepperoni pizza. I had purposely ordered over $25 worth of food so I could..."
- "Robin Rogers (Jennifer) of 220 hickory street brooksville Florida breeds german shepherds under the kennel named "Vom Pfister Haus" kennels. I found her add on pet finder for a male,..."
- "Hi i placed a order at 6:00pm today on December 2nd and the rep told me it will be about 20-30 minute wait for my order,i went to Dominos pizza..."
- "I recently bought 2 numbers for overseas. The service was terrible. About 50% of the time I was getting either one-way connection (the other party was hearing me, but I..."
- "Bad water? DON"T BUY from AZTEC located in Saskatchewan Product is garbage, Service and Management is even worse! Takes months to get a service man and Hidden fees for Mileage..."