Bonaire, Georgia

I needed a fuel pump for my 2005 Altima. I searched the internet and Parts Geek offered best deal. I assumed the warranty included replacing defective parts. When I received the pump it was very poorly packed in a large box. The manufacturer's box (Bosche) was placed on the bottom corner of the large box. Scrap crumbled butcher paper was just piled on to top of the box. When I removed the Bosche box, it too, was very poorly packed inside with the same crumbled butcher paper. The Pump was in an inflated plastic bag. I could see before opening the bag that a small piece of yellow plastic was loose in the box. The Float and arm assembly was also loose in the bag. Once I removed the pump from the bag it was clear that the (yellow) part that held the float arm in place was broken. The loose yellow part matched the missing hole where it should have been. This would not have happened if the part had been properly packed.

I filled out a ticket, but could not find a place to describe my desire for a replacement of the broken part that was sent to me.

Instead I found that the only option I had was to pay to ship the Pump back, bay a 15% restock fee, and then after maybe 30 days I could buy another Pump. There was no guarantee that the next part would not have the same problem. This is ridiculous. I will share this experience with all I know, especially mechanics, in any forum I can find.

Had an Experience with Partsgeek?

Comments

Medford, Wisconsin, United States #936449

I had similar problems with the same frustrations. What a lousy company to deal with.

Merritt Island, Florida, United States #620923

Go to ebay and order a fuel pump. A lot cheaper and you get good service.