Partsgeek - No Exchange for Broken Part They Broke

413 of 560 Partsgeek reviews

I needed a fuel pump for my 2005 Altima. I searched the internet and Parts Geek offered best deal. I assumed the warranty included replacing defective parts. When I received the pump it was very poorly packed in a large box. The manufacturer's box (Bosche) was placed on the bottom corner of the large box. Scrap crumbled butcher paper was just piled on to top of the box. When I removed the Bosche box, it too, was very poorly packed inside with the same crumbled butcher paper. The Pump was in an inflated plastic bag. I could see before opening the bag that a small piece of yellow plastic was loose in the box. The Float and arm assembly was also loose in the bag. Once I removed the pump from the bag it was clear that the (yellow) part that held the float arm in place was broken. The loose yellow part matched the missing hole where it should have been. This would not have happened if the part had been properly packed.

I filled out a ticket, but could not find a place to describe my desire for a replacement of the broken part that was sent to me.

Instead I found that the only option I had was to pay to ship the Pump back, bay a 15% restock fee, and then after maybe 30 days I could buy another Pump. There was no guarantee that the next part would not have the same problem. This is ridiculous. I will share this experience with all I know, especially mechanics, in any forum I can find.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
413 of 560 Partsgeek reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Partsgeek. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Partsgeek.
Filing a new complaint about
×